Thursday, June 9

Notting Hill

Notting Hill (1999) --- 7 /10 Stars PG-13

So I was randomly searching Netflix for something good to watch to pass the time at work and I came across this one with Hugh Grant, and Julia Roberts, and I am generally a fan of both of them so I figured it was worth a shot, and for the most part it was. It was not really your typical romantic comedy plot was nothing deep but was pretty funny and I felt it was pretty engaging. The whole concept of the life of an actress was pretty interesting to think about as well. I was also definitely a big fan of the ending. I would say it is worth a view on Netflix if you don’t have much else to do and need something to watch for sure. Here are some of my favorite quotes…



Anna Scott: I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

William: Oh, sod a dog. I've made the wrong decision, haven't I?

P.R. Chief: Dominic... if you'd like to ask your question again?
Journalist: Yes. Anna, how long are you intending to stay here in Britain?
Anna Scott: [pause] Indefinitely.

William: I enjoyed the movie very much. I was just wondering, did you ever consider having more horses in it?
Anna Scott: Well, we would have liked to. But it was difficult, obviously, being set in space.

Keziah: No thanks, I'm a fruitarian.
Max: I didn't realize that.
William: And, ahm: what exactly is a fruitarian?
Keziah: We believe that fruits and vegetables have feeling so we think cooking is cruel. We only eat things that have actually fallen off a tree or bush - that are, in fact, dead already.
William: Right. Right. Interesting stuff. So, these carrots...
Keziah: Have been murdered, yes.
William: Murdered? Poor carrots. How beastly!

William: It's as if I've taken love heroin, and now I can't ever have it again.

Anna Scott: Can I stay for a while?
William: You can stay forever.

William: I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name.

Spike: There's something wrong with this yogurt.
William: Ah, that's not yogurt, that's mayonnaise...
Spike: Ah, right-o then.
[continues to eat it]

Anna Scott: "For June who loved this garden from Joseph who always sat beside her." Some people do spend their whole lives together.

Anna Scott: No, leave it. I'm sure you didn't mean any harm, I'm sure it was just friendly banter, I'm sure you guys have dicks the size of peanuts. Enjoy your dinner, the tuna's really good.

William: So how is he?
Anna Scott: I don't know. It just got to the point where I couldn't remember any of the reasons why we were together.

William: Would you like a cup of tea before you go?
Anna Scott: No.
William: Orange juice? No, probably not... something else cold? Coke? Water? Some disgusting sugary drink pretending to have something to do with fruits of the forest?
Anna Scott: No.
William: Do you... always say no to everything?
Anna Scott: [thinks] No.

Spike: Bugger this for a bunch of bananas.

Anna Scott: What's so annoying is now I'm so totally fierce when it comes to nudity clauses.
William: You have clauses in your contract?
Anna Scott: Yeah. "you may show the dent at the top of the artist's buttocks, but neither cheek or if a stunt bottom is being used, artists must have full consultation".
William: You have a stunt bottom?
Anna Scott: I *could* have a stunt bottom, yes.
William: Are people tempted to go for better bottoms than their own?
Anna Scott: Well yeah, I would. This is important stuff.
William: Hell of a thing to put on your passport, Occupation "Mel Gibson's bottom"
Anna Scott: Actually Mel does his own ass work. Well why wouldn't he.

Anna Scott: Busy tomorrow?
William: I thought you were leaving tomorrow?
Anna Scott: I was.
Share this quote

Spike: [comes in after being photographed by the press] How did I look?
[looking in a mirror]
Spike: Not bad, not bad at all. Well chosen briefs I must say. Chicks dig grey.
[clenching his butt]
Spike: Nice. Firm. Buttocks.

P.R. Chief: Next question? Yes. You in the pink shirt.
William: Uh, right. Miss Scott, are there any circumstances that you and he might be more than just friends.
Anna Scott: I hoped that there would be but I've been assured that there's not.
William: Yes, but what if...
P.R. Chief: I'm sorry. Just the one question.
Anna Scott: No. It's alright. You were saying?
William: I was just wondering what if this person...
Journalist: Thacker. His name is Thacker.
William: Right. Thanks. What if, uh, Mr. Thacker realized that he had been a daft prick and got down on his knees and begged you to reconsider if you would... indeed... reconsider.
Anna Scott: [pause] Yes. I believe I would.
William: That's wonderful news. The readers of Horse and Hound will be relieved
.

No comments:

Post a Comment