Sunday, May 22

Bridesmaids in Review

Bridesmaids (2011) ---- 8/10 Stars R
So I would have to say this is a must see, for all the ladies out there anyways, definitely a chick flick but a really funny one. The first scene was in my opinion completely uncalled for and raunchy as well as the ending scene in the credits, I personally did not care to see any of that and any one going to see this, I highly recommend coming 10 minutes late and being sure to leave before the credits come. You will miss nothing other than raunchiness and I feel your experience will be all the better for it. Nevertheless, other than those scenes and some other uncalled for raunchiness in a few instances I really loved this movie. I absolutely loved the whole bathroom scene, but then again that is right up my since of humor. It is defiantly a movie to get you laughing. I have to say my favorite character of the movie was Melissa McCarthy, who played Megan, the groom’s sister who was forced into the bridal party. Her witty temperament almost stole the show from Wiig, as pretty much everything she said or did was grounds for amusement.




This is by no means a Shutter Island, an engaging, must-see-twice film. You get the point fairly easily in this one. However, if you’re a fan of movies like Bride Wars or No Strings Attached, this is definitely one to see. Call it a Judd Apatow-for-chicks comedy or his laugh factory's finest effort since 2007's "Knocked Up" or a girl version of the Hangover, either way as a woman, I liked it much better than those. I would say if you are a women and you need a laugh or a fun night out with the girlies this is a must see, you could also be like the group of 50+ year olds that sat in front of my mother and I who brought their own liquor to pass around. There were several amazing quotes in this movie to list a few…

Megan: [belches loudly] "I'm sorry. I won't apologize. I'm not confident which end that came out of."
Megan: "I'm glad he's single, 'cause I'm gonna climb that like a tree."
Annie: "I'm gonna leave this [curtain] open! Cause... It's called civil *rights*. This is the '90s!"
Annie's roommate: At first I did not know it was your diary... I thought it was a very sad handwritten book.
Lillian: You remember my cousin Rita. Rita just bought a new house. It is gorgeous.
Rita: I wouldn't know, I only see the kitchen and the laundry room, and the ceiling in my bedroom.
Rita: [after pause] Sometimes the floor.
Annie: You are going along with your life and you look around and you notice like Ohh. I am in my 30's, I am 40,000 dollar in debt. I live with a weirdo.
Lillian: You have a super creepy roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment